- Did you know that we think somewhere on the order of 50,000 thoughts per day? Some ‘big’ thinkers up to 70,000!
- Did you know that most of these thoughts are about the past or future – neither of which we can affect?
- Did you know that it’s been estimated that 70-80% of our thoughts are negative?
- Did you know that thoughts are energy – and we are energetic beings?
- Did you know that negative energy drags us down, physically, mentally and emotionally?
Now, imagine what those 35,000 (do the math) negative thoughts you have every day are doing to you!
Did you know — Any judgement is a negative thought…
Here’s an example of how judgments used to be a (big) part of my life and what I did to let that negative thinking go.
When I used to make a ‘mistake’ or things didn’t work out I would say to myself “What an idiot!”. I’d say it about others as well when they did something I considered ‘stupid’.
One day I woke up to the fact that that thought and judgement was keeping me down (as I was trying to live differently); really down as I did it a lot.
From that day forward I made a conscious effort to stop that. I am the type of person that needs to replace a behavior that I want to change with a positive behavior to when the thought came in, I said, “no, I want a do-over, or I’d like to try that again, or there’s something to learn here, and so forth”. When I wanted to think it about someone else I’d simply ask myself, ‘what do I need to learn about myself or the other person?”
As my life continues, I would say ‘blessings to you (myself or the other) to affirm that I am human and I was choosing a path of growth, and when you are learning something new, you appreciate whatever support you can get (and sometimes I was the best one to provide it!).
So, if you choose, try this for the weekend. Let go of your judgements — of yourself and others — when you or they don’t show up exactly the way you’d like. And, let me know what happens!
Live consciously! Enjoy today!Read More