– Family Support –
Family Recovery Resources: BALM | familyrecoveryresources.com
Family Recovery Resources is an organization dedicated to helping families and their loved ones achieve a life of recovery and balance. They achieve this through their BALM approach –– a dual-pronged program that both allows family members to reclaim their lives while also helping their loved ones do the same. Family Recovery Resources provides training services to coaches, counselors and other professionals who want bring the BALM approach to the lives of others, and delivers coaching and education to families determined to help themselves AND their loved ones find recovery. Learn more about BALM today.
Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility | http://responsibility.org/
Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA)| adultchildren.org
Adult Survivors of Child Abuse | ascasupport.org
Co-Anon (Cocaine Addicts’ Family Groups)| co-anon.org
Co-Dependents Anonymous (CODA)| codependents.org
Co-Dependents of Sex Addicts (COSA)| cosa-recovery.org
Families Anonymous | familiesanonymous.org
Parents Anonymous| parentsanonymous.org
Recovering Couples Anonymous (RCA)| recovering-couples.org
– Chemical Dependency & Addiction –
- SMART Recovery (Self Management and Recovery Training)| smartrecovery.org
Uses Cognitive-behavioral principles to help members recognize environmental and emotional triggers for addictive behaviors. Offers face-to-face and online mutual help groups. (Launched by people who were originally part of Rational Recovery.)
- Drinker’s Checkup | drinkerscheckup.com
- The Addiction Recovery Guide| addictionrecoveryguide.org
The Addiction Recovery Guide is an online guide for recovery resources assists individuals struggling with drug addiction and alcoholism find help that best suits their needs. It covers information on finding a wide range of treatment, programs, addiction medication, holistic approaches, a message board and resources for ongoing recovery.
- Alcoholics Anonymous| alcoholics-anonymous.org
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA)| ca.org
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA)| crystalmeth.org
- Dual Recovery Anonymous| draonline.org
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA) | marijuana-anonymous.org
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)| wsoinc.com
- Nicotine Anonymous (NICA) | nicotine-anonymous.org
- Addiction Center | addictioncenter.com
A one-stop online guide for those struggling with chemical dependency, and their families. Addiction Center provides high quality information for those seeking information on recovery.
– Compulsive Gambling –
– Eating Disorders –
- Anorexics & Bulimics Anonymous (ABA) aba12steps.org
- Anorexia Nervosa and Associated (Eating) Disorders (ANAD) | anad.org
- Eating Disorders Anonymous (EDA) eatingdisordersanonymous.org
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous foodaddicts.org
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) | oa.org
– Mental Health –
– Sexual Addiction –
- Recovery Nation | recoverynation.com
Your Source for Health-Based Recovery. This site contains free self-help recovery resources for sex addicts, love addicts and porn addicts that cannot be found anywhere else. Each resource was built to assist you, your partner and/or anyone seeking to fully understand the sex, love and porn addictions in such a way as to facilitate a permanent recovery and/or healing process.
- Love Addicts Anonymous (LAA)| loveaddicts.org
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)| sexaa.org
- Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA) | slaafws.org
- Sexaholics Anonymous (SA)| sa.org
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous (SCA)| sca-recovery.org
- Survivors of Incest/Childhood Sexual Abuse (SIA)| siawso.org
- For the partners of the sex addicts and family members:
S-Anon (Sister group to Sexaholics Anonymous)| sanon.org
Codependents of Sex Addicts (C.O.S.A.)(Sister group to Sex Addicts Anonymous)| cosa-recovery.org
– Wellness Resources –
– Other Resources –
Addictions and Recovery.Org | addictionsandrecovery.org
You can recover from addiction. This is a public service website meant to help you or a loved one overcome addiction. It is based on independent and verified medical research by Steven M. Melemis, PH.D M.D. “I Want to Change My Life” How to Overcome Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction.
Women for Sobriety | womenforsobriety.org
Gender-specific self-help support program. Based on a Thirteen Statement Program of positivity that encourages emotional and spiritual growth.
Moderation Management | moderation.org
National nonprofit self-help group for people who want to quit or cut down on their drinking before they experience serious consequences. Not designed for alcohol-dependent people, formerly dependent people who are now abstaining, or for drug or food problems.
Self Help from SelfGrowth.com | SelfGrowth.com
The most complete guide to information about Self -Improvement, Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet. It has articles and references to thousands of other websites on the World Wide Web.
Lumiere Healing | Lumierehealingcenters.com
Get Smart About Drugs | GetSmartAboutDrugs.com
A DEA resource for parents, teens and educators aimed at providing information
about drug use and how to help prevent it.
DrugRehab.com | DrugRehab.com
This site has a plethora of excellent, in-dept guides that cover a wide range of substance abuse topics.
– Current News and Opinion on Addiction and Recovery –
It’s Chemistry, Not Character| itschemistrynotcharacter.com
A community of people with opioid dependence and those who care about them – including family, friends and doctors. Dedicated to bringing awareness to the fact that opioid dependence is a predisposed genetic disease, and should be treated as one – not a moral failing.
Sober Nation| sobernation.com
Newsletter with the latest updates on drug and opioid addiction.
The Fix| thefix.com
Addiction and recovery news with resources for treatment and an ‘Ask an Expert’ section.
Addiction Recovery eBulletin| addictionrecoveryebulletin.org
Treatment industry and recovery community news.